.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Suicide Attempt:- mechanical engineering graduate attempts suicide. Begs police to shoot him.

It was a serious issue at the Akwa Ibom police command when the foiled the attempt by one Omotayo Sunday from commuting suicide. After graduating from school as a mechanical engineer for 10 years, he said he has travelled to all the states in nigeria for job but to no avail. And with all that frustration he decided towards some armed prison warden, begging them to shoot him. And when that failed, he number down from a moving bus, expecting an oncoming vehicle to crush him. But that attempt failed too.

Describing the first suicide attempt...a prison warder said:-



We just saw somebody, well dressed and on tie with no look of mentally deranged running towards us. His action forced us to become immediately alert with our weapons.
“The next thing he said was ‘shoot me’, ‘shoot me’, ‘I want to die’, ‘I am tired of this world.’ We were still facing him with our weapons when he scrambled towards us, saying we should allow him to enter and die inside the prison.”
It was after prison officials calmed him done and got him on a bus that from his sitting jumped off the to attempt the failed suicide. Journalists at the scenece heard Omotayo mumbling, “There is no state that I have not gone to in search of job in the past 10 years, but none for me.
Speaking with the press, Sunday lamented: “I came to Akwa Ibom State because this is my last hope. I have heard stories of Governor Godswill Akpabio uncommon transformation. But unfortunately, since I came, I discovered that even many people from Akwa Ibom are also crying because of poverty and joblessness.

1 comment:

  1. Na wahooo. pity him oo.nigeria dey frustrate pple 4 employment issues seriously bt dat z nt d reason he shud do dat 2 himself.he shud tnk his God
    Dat he didn't die @ d process...if nt,I dnt knw wot would be his fate by nw.

    ReplyDelete

Please no insultive comments. Scroll down a little to like our page on facebook and follow us on Twitter. Thanks