.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Man released from prison 30 years after he was jailed for a murder he didn't commit...

How do you eloquently illustrate the impact of losing nearly 30 years of your life? Can a wronged man forgive? These and many more questions to consider as you read the story of this man.
Glen ford (middle)

Glenn Ford, Louisiana's longest-serving death row prisoner, released today after spending
nearly 30 years behind bars for a murder he did not commit but was jailed for in 1983. He managed to neatly encapsulated his loss in a single quote: "My sons, when I left, was babies. Now they grown men with babies."

Interviewed by CNN directly after his release, dressed in a denim shirt, hat and dark-rimmed glasses, Ford, now 64, responds with remarkable good grace when asked by a reporter whether he harbors any resentment: "Yeah, because I was locked up almost 30 years for something I didn't do."
"It's resentment, not feeling bitter".
When asked by the same reporter what he's lost he replies: "thirty years of my life, if not all of it. I can't go back and do anything I should have been doing when I was 35, 38, 40 stuff like that."

Don't pray this happens to anyone, but what if it does. How do you recover all the lost years?
Leave your comments please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no insultive comments. Scroll down a little to like our page on facebook and follow us on Twitter. Thanks