.

Monday, January 27, 2014

JUAN MATA TO WEAR JERSEY NUMBER 8 FOR MAN UTD.


Just in!!
  Juan Mata to wear No 8 shirt for Manchester united. The shirt was vacated by Anderson  who left Manchester united for florentina.
 He said so many things in his unveiling today at Carington training base. Read some of his statementa below.



I can’t wait to play with him at Old Trafford,’’ said Mata, talking before training at Carrington on Monday. “For me, he is one of the best players in England. He is unbelievable; he can score, he can assist and he can take the ball in midfield. I will enjoy playing alongside him a lot. I will try to connect with him as much as I can. I will try to find the gaps between midfield and defence because that is something I was used to doing last season. That is the best position for me to play; to try to assist the strikers.’’

What I like most about this club is the character,’’ said Mata of United. “If another club was in this (seventh) position in the league it would be very, very difficult for them to come back and to take first position. This club can ways can do it. This club can fight to the end, always together to the end, with character, with fighting on the pitch. This is the real image I have of Manchester United: always trying to win titles, always fighting for every title, and always coming back from difficult moments.

“This season they had some unlucky moments that they didn’t deserve.

I like pressure. It’s good when people are expecting big things from you. I am looking forward to try and make all these amazing fans happy. Everything is going to be fine, with the squad we have, with the players who will come in the summer. This club will be successful for sure.’’

"It was a good lesson for me not to play at Chelsea, it helped me learn more about football, it helped me to become stronger and deal with life. The move is perfect for me, for Chelsea and for Manchester United and is good for me personally. Sometimes in your career you need to clear your mind and to take a chance. This was a massive chance for me to carry on with my career in England, in the Premier League which is a very, very good place for me. I feel really happy in this country.

“I just wanted to go to a place where I feel happy. I am now. Manchester United is a massive club. In England it is a club with most fans around the world, so it is a big challenge for me to be here, it is a big step. Manchester United in the history of the Premier League is the team who has won the most trophies.’’

An inside perspective was given by his friend and compatriot David De Gea. “He was texting me the last week, all the days,’’ said Mata. “He texted me things that I knew. He told me the fans are unbelievable, no matter whether you are a in a good or bad moment they are always behind you, supporting you. He told me that the guys in the squad were really nice. All the team-mates have been very good for me in the welcome. He told me the club are massive, that the fans around the world are unbelievable, that the manager is very good. All he said was good. Now I realise he was righ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no insultive comments. Scroll down a little to like our page on facebook and follow us on Twitter. Thanks